On 2016/08/10 11:35 PM, Michael Falconer wrote:
...// Ryan is very
right about the relative ease of such exercises but IMHO wrong that it
suits all, or even most cases.

Just to be clear - if my post wasn't, I never advocated against the 64-bit CLI or that making it suits all, I very much supported the OP in the request (and still do) for some of the reasons Michael mentions here. All I said was that right now (until it is supplied), if he needs it as much as claimed, rolling his own is not all that hard (and certainly not a useless skill). I do not agree with the notion that the 64-bit CLI "shouldn't be pre-compiled because it's easy to do it yourself" - if that was true, why supply the 32-bit even?, or indeed ANYthing pre-compiled?

To reiterate: 64-bit is the new thing - let's embrace it!