Anton Pevtsov wrote:
I tested this tarball on a Intel x86 machine with Windows 2003 server
and using MSVC 7.1.

examples/tutorial/dynatype

It's a tricky example, one that even better compilers trip up on.
I don't have an MSVC bug number for this but it seems pretty clear
from the error messages that the compiler is confused.

and tests/22.locale/num/get fails to build

That's because of a bug (typo) in a workaround for an MSVC 6 bug
or limitation (no support for the long long type). I opened a new
issue for it: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STDCXX-115

and
examples/time_manip and examples/money_manip hang.

We need input files for these two to prevent them from hanging
(waiting for input). Although they should gracefully fail when
their stdin is redirected from /dev/null (or NUL: on Windows).
I believe time_manip does, but, IIRC, money_manip aborts in
this case due to a bug in the money_get facet:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STDCXX-62

Everything else seems to work fine.

Great! Thanks for giving it whirl!
Martin