Hello Norman,

I'm sorry you are having these problems. 450mm cables are close to the maximal
usable length. Most likely the problem is related to the need to change delay
in the sensor interface signals relative to clock, not the hardware problem
with the cable. But it still can be the problem, of course.

What happens now - you can get a picture from port 0, and nothing at all on
port 1? Black image, corrupted image, getting stuck trying to get an image?
What happened before (when it was restoring after reboot)?

If you are getting corrupted image - can you please send it ?

Andrey

---- On Wed, 23 Feb 2022 02:46:52 -0700 XIONG, Norman <n...@ansto.gov.au> wrote
----

Dear Elphel support team,

We have a NC393 system, with two sensors connected by 450mm FPC cables. Ever
since

we put the system together in last July, port 1 was unstable and lost
connection every a few

weeks. Rebooting the system would get the port back. However, recently that
port was

totally lost. We can’t have it back by rebooting or reconnecting the camera to
the cable.

We did a simple debugging by swapping sensors between the two FPC cables.  Both
sensors

worked with port 0, and neither of them worked with port 1. So we presume the
FPC cable

on port 1 is faulty. We didn’t open up the box to check the connection between
the cable and

the board. I am looking for advice on what I should do next. Shall I open up
the box to check

the internal connection or shall I simply order another FPC cable from you? And
Is the cable

fragile?

Thanks.

Regards,

Norman Xiong

Software Engineer (Scientific)
 NSTLI Neutron Scattering

Tel
 Email
 Web

+61 2 9717 7008
 mailto:n...@ansto.gov.au
 http://www.ansto.gov.au/

http://www.facebook.com/DiscoverANSTO https://twitter.com/ANSTO
http://www.linkedin.com/company/ansto http://www.youtube.com/user/ANSTOVideos

Important:This transmission is intended only for the use of the intended
addressee. It is confidential to the intended addressee and may contain
 privileged information and or copyright material. If this email is not
intended for your attention, any use, printing, storage, reproduction or
further disclosure of this communication (including all attachments) is
strictly forbidden. If you have received
 this transmission in error, please notify me by telephone or email and
immediately delete all copies of this transmission as well as any attachments.

OFFICIAL