On Thu, Nov 02, 2006 at 11:29:47AM +0100, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> On Thursday, 2 November 2006 11:24, Pavel Machek wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > > The appended patch allows the users of suspend to abort the image saving
> > > by
> > > pressing Ctrl+c.
> >
> > It would be nice to abort with escape or something... ctrl+c is going
> > to be "interesting" for users using splashscreen.
>
> OK

Escape (and f2) switches the splash screen to verbose. I sometimes probably
would want to do that without aborting suspend.

I'm not sure if the first escape (that switches bootsplash to verbose) is
even passed on to the terminal, though. Would need to test that...

> > Otherwise it looks okay.

Another thing: for me, writing the image actually often consumes much less
time than "freeing some memory" or creating the snapshot does.

I understand that aborting during snapshot creation might not be possible,
but can we also abort during "freeing memory"?
--
Stefan Seyfried
QA / R&D Team Mobile Devices        |              "Any ideas, John?"