Ken,
We use a vaccuum to pull the oil through filters. A
salvaged refigerator compressor works great for the
vaccuum..most will pull 27 in. of Hg.. and they are
usually free. It also simplefys setting up a backflush
on the filters so you can simply flush some solvent
back throught the filters instead of having to replace
them when they plug up.

Dana Linscott
--- Ken Provost <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Craig wrote:
>
> >It's  www.westmarine.com , and it's the Baja Fuel
> filter. I've got one, and
> >it's got three different screens, in series, one of
> which is supposed to
> >filter out water (it's designed for boaters who are
> concerned about getting
> >bad diesel in Mexico - diesel contaminated with
> water.
> >
> >Seems like it would be a good prefilter for WVO
> (frenchfry oil) which might
> >have water, plus of course chunks o' food.
>

> I've thought about using commercial filters for my
> oil and biodiesel, but
> I've always wondered -- how do you force the oil
> through? Specifically,
> do you have a recommendation of a particular pump
> (electric? manual?)
> that's readily available, reasonably priced, easily
> adapted to standard
> tubing or pipe sizes, etc etc?  Mfr. and part no.
> would be great!  Thx, -K

http://personals.yahoo.com

StartMeUp jump starts your car's battery
using only the cigarette lighter.
$24.95 at Youcansave.com
http://us.click.yahoo.com/qbucSA/LTTDAA/ySSFAA/FGYolB/TM