From: J Mitchell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, 2 January 2002 2:25 PM
To: biofuel@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [biofuel] Waste engine oil

Hi everyone,

I have been reading about bio diesel on the web over the past few months
and have joined this group to learn more.

I am in business as a mechanic who is thinking of making and using
Bio-Diesel for my work and own domestic vehicles.

I have a particular question that is bugging me. I have checked the
archives, searched for information and scratched my head about it.. As a
mechanic, my chemistry knowledge is next to zero.. so forgive me if I am
missing a point or the answer has been posted before. so here goes my
question/questions....

As a mechanic, I accumulate gallons of waste engine oil from servicing
customers cars. At the moment I pay a company to take this oil away to
be recycled... can the bio-diesel process be used to convert this into
diesel? or another process? or can anyone think of good uses for it
rather than paying to have it removed?

many thanks
Jon

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to