A while back there was a post on how cheap methanol
was wholesale and speculation that one had to purchase
a bargeful to get that price. I contacted the importer
that was listed in the post/link to see what the
minimum amount was. I have gone the SVO route and so
don't use methanol but I thought that it might prove
useful to others that make BD.

It took a long time but here was the reply:

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, but I was
away for the Holiday Season.  Regarding your question,
there is actually no "minimum" amount required for a
methanol load.  I've seen loads as small as 1000
gallons for a tank truck that holds up to 7500
gallons, and I know our Distributors handle methanol
loads in totes and drums (55 gallons).

Unfortunately, Methanex does not handle any of these
volumes directly.  So, I would need to direct you to
our Distributors, who will address any further volume
and pricing questions you might have.  They are as
follows:

The Chemical Company:  Robb Roach @ 401-423-3100
(Northeast area)
Hydrite Chemical:  Mike Balcerak @ 262-792-8707