Christian,

If it's been three days, I would do two things. One would be to heat a liter to
~120*F and see if any water drops and the fuel clears. Should be no need to
heat any higher.

The second would be to take the fuel you've heated, let it cool, then subject
it to a new single stage base reaction all over again to see if any more
glycerin drops out.

You could do that with a quarter or half liter, instead of a full liter.

Even if you can get the fuel to clear with heat, it doesn't necessarily mean
that the haze wasn't contributed to by a small percent of unreacted glycerides.

If glycerin does drop, the cloudiness is largely due to an incomplete reaction.
If nothing drops, then simply heating the fuel should make it sufficient to put
in your tank.

The trick is to determine if it's only a water haze in your fuel or if it's a
feint emulsion problem as a result of unreacted glycerides.

You might think back on your wash stages and ask yourself if you had any
noticeable emulsion problems.

Also, if you pull your fuel from the top after each wash stage and leave the
interface layer where fuel and water meet, it makes each successive wash stage
much cleaner. This means leaving a little fuel behind with the interface layer.
But you can always accumulate these interface layers in a drum or 5 gallon jug
somewhere. After doing this enough times, you will have a buildup of fuel as
well, which can be syphoned off and thrown in with the first wash step of a
future batch.

Holler back if you find out anything.

Todd Swearingen