A follow-up thing I've been thinking about is I wondered where things stand when
it comes to Universities and Patents, particularly technical schools where quite
a bit of innovation takes place.  I see professors as sort of signing over their
work in return for "protection" which is tenure, money, a lab, students (helpful
assistance), etc., with the bottom-line real wealth going to the universities if
anything really big-royalty comes up.

But I may quite misunderstand all or some of it.  I'm only going on the
once-every-ten-years I seem to hear anyone discuss this.  The last time was when
I heard some stat on the number of patents per year associated with MIT or
something like that.

I am not advocating trying to go with a University Protection Racket,
particularly not in your case as it does not seem to pertain (and discretion in
not mentioning the idea to anyone seems important) but I wonder if any
enterprising Universities, hoping to attract investment or Professors or
Business Partnerships or what-have-you have thought about specifying very good
terms for inventors who might associate themselves with the University Labs.
Maybe some Universities have well-developed patent-protection strategies in
place that have had some success and could act as an effective tool going
forward in offering good terms to those who choose to work for them instead of
Private Industry.  And Law Schools might also be interested in actually
contributing to the Universities' Interests' Defense (gosh a double-possessive,
is that twice as bad as a double-negative?)

>My situation differs here in that I have financing arranged to take
>my project to completion. I am being stone-walled through various
>bureaucratic methods to prevent me from moving forward. Someone(s?)
>has spent a considerable amount to prevent me from progressing. I am
>not about to disclose the activities behind hte scenes, but the
>Election coming up this Fall will be either a make it or break it
>point. It may break sooner, depending on the Convention Endorement
>process. I am not an unbiased observer, and am hoping to see mucho
>dinero go down a Rat Hole! While I am holding, the Project isn't
>costing very much, while the 'undisclosed party' is spending a LOT to
>keep a lid on me. It's now become my hobby to keep the pressure up,
>and their money flowing. I have a few cracks in their dam that I keep
>checking, and making sure they are using plenty of money to keep the
>cracks repaired. If they slow down the money flow, I'll be ready to
>exploit the weak spot.

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.
FREE Money 2002.