> MH wrote:
> Alcohol tends to cool engine combustion so I've read.
> It may also clean fuel systems requiring fuel filter replacement.
> Its my hope your radiator fan is running properly
> and coolant level is adequate unless your thermostat is going.

There is almost certainly something temporarily wrong with my car.
Thus, I am unable to relate anything to the ethanol (if there even was
any in the gasoline).

> Fast Facts About Ethanol

You cited a lot of facts about ethanol but to some extent they were in
a jumble.  It looks like ethanol's alleged damaging properties to
engines are in great dispute.  I have always thought that perhaps much
of the allegation was nonsense, when I considered the source (the
Petroleum Industry) but that there might be something to the matter,
under some conditions, that might lead to non-optimal burning, given
that engines are more or less optimized to run on a petroleum product.