I am not enthusiatic, but accept war as a necessity, especially
considering that the other side (islamicists and sponsors of
terrorism) is the one that declared war on us.  Oh yeah - I forgot
about that.

"provided someone else fights it", and the whole opportunity in youth
thing:
vietnam was over before I hit 18, but I did register for the draft,
right around the time I voted for Reagan. Grenada was over too fast
for me to join. During gulf war I was an engineer at the skunk works
and worked supporting the F-117 operations of that war. that is not
the same as combat, but it was me making a direct contribution. at
that time it wouldn't have made sense for me to go into the services,
since I was already making a high value contribution. For Gulf war II
I was too old for the military. I did apply to the CIA and NSA, but
they didn't want me. However, I was willing to go and did apply.

I am not a chicken hawk, we are at war. the other side started it. our
enemy is at least as hostile to liberal western civilization as any
enemy in the past, including facsism and communism as practiced by
mussolini, hitler, stalin, mao, pol pot, etc. The other side views our
entire culture and civilization as invalid and wants all of us dead,
or at least to remove our ability to direct our own lives.

I happen to believe that modern western liberal judeao-christian
democracy is the best culture, the best set of values, that this planet
has ever produced and I will fight to preserve it.

"there is good in this world and it is worth fighting for" Sam Gamgee

<snip>
> >Definition
> >Chickenhawk - n. - A person enthusiastic about war, provided
someone else
> >fights it; particularly when that enthusiasm is undimmed by personal
> >experience with war; most emphatically when that lack of experience
came in
> >spite of ample opportunity in that person's youth.

To visit your group on the web, go to: