Hoagy,

It is quite interesting, because after I posted this on the awea-wind-home
list, I got a thank you letter from people that obviously both built after
similar concept and have measurement etc. They tailor make installations
with Darrieus modules, but a bit larger,

http://www.aerotecture.com.

They said that their activities manifested what I said and I might get some
material from their follow up measurements on projects. It is not low cost
product offerings, but it is anyway verifying the viability of my idea.

Hakan

At 19:44 07/01/2004, you wrote:
>you wrote:
> > A typo, thanks! It is fixed.
>
>Your welcome.
>
> > >I read long ago the Darrieus Vertical Axis Wind Turbine's (DVAWT)
> > >needed startup assistance in low velocity winds using some
> > >sort of Savonius Vertical Axis Wind Turbine (SVAWT), also
> > >known for its torque, to start the DVAWT  -or-  some sort of
> > >electric motor circuit for startup during low speed winds
> > >but things could very well have changed.
>

> > No, not for small ones anyway. Cannot think of a reason and if it is one,
> > it must have been large turbines.
> >
> > Hakan
>

>Do you have any technical info-or-links regarding DVAWT ?

To visit your group on the web, go to: