> you wrote:
> Plug-’n Wind turbine, a development spec.
> http://energy.saving.nu/plugin/windturbine.shtml
>
> If anyone want to pick up the original topic again.
>
> Hakan

 Thanks Martin for the link
 http://www.cleanpowernow.org/birdkills.php
 including all the links others sent.

 Hi Hakan,
 Its been interesting.

 Took a look at Mr. Piggott's book "Windpower Workshop" equations for
 power output of a windmill and look forward to Mr. Paul Gipe's book,
 "Wind energy basics: a guide to small and micro wind systems"
 for additional background.

 I'm trying to understand,  "How Can I Calculate the Amount of Power
 Available at a Given Wind Speed?"  http://www.awea.org/faq/windpower.html
 with a given wind swept area mentioned above at your site,  is it possible.
 Like the idea.

 "Brake drum windmills...Hugh Piggott's book..."
 Over at his site, http://homepages.enterprise.net/hugh0piggott/
 theres another set of plans available.
   Axial flux windmill plans or "How to build a wind turbine"
   http://homepages.enterprise.net/hugh0piggott/pmgbooklet/index.htm
   He says impart,  "Lately I have been developing construction
   techniques for axial flux alternators.  In 2001, I made a
   construction manual available for free down load from this site..."
     PMG stands for permanent magnet generator.
     This booklet describes how to build one. [49 page, PDF 907Kb]

 OTHER SITES of interest --

  Scratch Built Axial Field Alternator
  http://www.windstuffnow.com/main/alt_from_scratch.htm

  Tips for Designing, Building, and Flying Wind Generators
  http://www.otherpower.com/otherpower_wind_tips.html

  Alternator and Generator Comparison for Wind Power
  http://www.otherpower.com/otherpower_wind_alternators.html

  Understanding 3 phase alternators....
  http://www.windstuffnow.com/main/3_phase_basics.htm

  Build Your Own Anemometer's