Think the idea of wind turbines definitely has its place in the mix of
alt. sources of energy.  Do not think that there is any perfect answer
to what is best.

I am convinced that bio diesel is the right direction for me.. since I
keep looking at the economics of solar pv as Very expensive... Solar
heat is great.. but much better as passive solar since it lessens the
need power before it is even produced.  Having walls and roofs that
are R30-45 plus also keeps from having that power line out front.

I have been looking at stationary power as I try not to drive anymore
than I have to. Since I am building a home.. that is why I got
interested in these groups to begin with.  Hakin has a marvelous site
and I enjoy reading his thoughts.. Keith.. have learned a great deal
about diesel. ( been driving one for more years than I want to think
about.....33 of those)  Really neat to find out that bio diesel is so
much less poluting.  Now if we could figure out something with the NOX
and solids even better.

So just wanted to thank everyone for helping me put this jig saw
puzzle together... even if a few birds are killed by fast moving wind
turbines...like the ones that are 25 plus years old out in
california..   Hum

SteveP

To visit your group on the web, go to: