<x-charset ISO-8859-1>>It's not about tax revenues,<
C'mon.
The most important concern for state gov't pinheads
is their jurisdiction over tax issues.
They hate things they can't tax.
It would be politically embarrasing for them to say that
they are agaist a 'warm fuzzy' issue like using waste fryer
oil in a car.
.
So they don't. So they figure out other way to get what
they want. So they send the 'diesel testing nazis' everywhere,
to look for 'bad, overpolluting diesel', of course, at the
same time,their inspecting every square inch of your business,
looking for UNTAXED diesel.
State gov'ts hate high milage cars, homebrew fuels,etc.
But they don't say so.
A.M.
\--- In biofuel@yahoogroups.com, "Appal Energy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> It's not about tax revenues, or at least certainly not solely about
tax
> revenues. Otherwise there wouldn't be a dictate for a 1,000%
increase in
> testing, nor would there be demands to meet spec for distillate
fuel
oils.

> Todd Swearingen

specification
> > for diesel,
> > > which is not possible at higher concentrations of biodiesel.
This
> > shows up in
> > > the viscosity and aromatics areas, and possibly others. The
details
> > are
> > > buried in obscure California codes, and I haven't found them
all
out
> > yet.
> > >
> > > Please note that homebrewers would be illegal under this
regulations
> > unless
> > > they had approximately $850 of testing on every batch they
produce.
> > If a single
> > > quart of this fuel is produced, even for one's own use, it
would
be
> > illegal
> > > unless official testing was submitted to the government,
certified
> > by corporate
> > > officers, on a monthly basis.
> > >
> > > This bill has been filed and will soon be enacted. It will stop
any
> > biodiesel
> > > work in the state.
> > >

> > > STATE OF CONNECTICUT
> > >
> > > "AN ACT CONCERNING THE REGULATION OF BIODIESEL FUEL."
> > > Connecticut Seal
> > >

> > >  Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives in
General
> > Assembly
> > > convened Effective October 1, 2004
> > >  (a) As used in this section, "biodiesel fuel"
> > > means a diesel fuel substitute that is produced from
nonpetroleum
> > renewable
> > > resources and "blended fuel" means a blend of biodiesel fuel and
> > diesel
> > > fuel.
> > > (b) No person shall sell or offer for sale biodiesel fuel unless
> > such fuel
> > > meets the following
> > > requirements:
> > > (1) The sulfur content standards for diesel fuel set forth in
title
> > 13 of the
> > > California Code of
> > > Regulations, section 2281;
> > > (2) The aromatic hydrocarbon content of diesel fuel set forth in
> > title 13 of
> > > the California Code
> > > of Regulations, section 2282;
> > > (3) The requirements of the alternative fuel transportation
program
> > set forth
> > > in 10 CFR, Part 490; and
> > > (4) The specifications established by the American Society for
> > Testing and
> > > Materials standard D6751,
> > > the Standard Specification for Biodiesel Fuel.
> > > (c) No person shall sell or offer for sale blended fuel unless
such
> > fuel
> > > meets the following
> > > requirements:
> > > (1) The biodiesel fuel portion of the blended fuel meets the
> > requirements set
> > > forth in subsection (b) of this section;
> > > (2) The blended fuel meets
> > > the specifications established by the American Society for
Testing
> > and
> > > Materials
> > > standard D975, the Standard Specification for Diesel Fuel Oils;
and
> > > (3) The blended fuel does not have a sulfur content of more than
> > five hundred
> > > parts per million.
> > > (d) Not later than the fifteenth day of each month, any person
who
> > produces
> > > biodiesel fuel or blended
> > > fuel in this state or produces biodiesel fuel or blended fuel
for
> > sale in
> > > this
> > > state shall provide to the Commissioner of Environmental
Protection,
> > on a
> > > form
> > > prescribed by the commissioner, the following information, by
batch:
> > > (1) For blended fuel, the percentage of biodiesel fuel within
the
> > blend;
> > > (2) The volume of the biodiesel fuel or blended fuel;
> > > (3) For biodiesel fuel or the biodiesel fuel portion of the
blended
> > fuel, the
> > > results of the analysis for
> > > the parameters established by the American Society for Testing
and
> > Materials
> > > standard D6751, the Standard Specification for Biodiesel Fuel;
and
> > > (4) For blended fuel, the results of the analysis of the diesel
fuel
> > portion
> > > of the blended fuel for the
> > > following parameters, as established by the American Society for
> > Testing and
> > > Materials standard D975, the Standard Specification for Diesel
Fuel
> > > Oils:
> > > (A) Sulfur content;
> > > (B) Aromatic hydrocarbon content;
> > > (C) Cetane number;
> > > (D) Specific gravity;
> > > (E) American Petroleum Institute Gravity; and
> > > (F) The temperatures at which ten per cent, fifty per cent and
> > ninety per
> > > cent of the diesel fuel boiled
> > > off during distillation.
> > > (e) The information contained in the form submitted pursuant to
> > subsection
> > > (d) of this section shall
> > > be attested to as true by a corporate officer who is
responsible
for