A lot of lit on this subject during 1980s. Search on "NTIS" which is U.S.
gov repository for gov funded research. The critters you want  info on are
called "Microalgae" not algae and they produce Lipids" which you and I call
"oil". If you want info about getting the oil out of the microalgae search
on the net for "Lipid Extraction". Most of NTIS research on this is under
program called "Aquatic Species Program". Try to get 1987 and 1985 reports.
Each report cost me at least $30 to $60. Solar Energy Institute in Golden
CO. published a neat small report in 1985 called Fuel options from
Microalgae dated July 1984. If you get into this you will need to buy quite
a few chemicals, some common like Epsom Salt, baking soda and some pretty
exotic. If you want to  look at "houses" for your critters search on the net
for "photobioreactor" . Tried this once and failed. Also wife and daughters
saw no humor in growing "pond scum" in the house. May try this one day when
I get some space out of the house but am more interested in finding cheap
sources of oil seeds.  Hope this helps. Good luck.

Lowell

>From: "balaji" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: <biofuel@yahoogroups.com>
>Subject: Re: [biofuel] Re: oil from algae...
>Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 19:48:23 +0530
>
>Hi all,
>So am I.
>Balaji,
>Chennai, TN, India

MSN Toolbar provides one-click access to Hotmail from any Web page ö FREE

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511