Hi there Eva

>Hi there Keith,
>
>I did an archive search for "FuelMeister" and did not find anything but this
>thread.

Which archives did you use? Do what Yahoo laughingly calls a search
and indeed all you'll find is this thread, unless you find a Yahoo ad
page first. Use the real archives and you'll get 46 hits, lots of
threads. DON'T use Yahoo's archives. Apart from the ads, it searches
the archives in tiny steps of 50 or so messages at a time, so to do a
single search you'd need to hit 670 pages. Yahoo pages. Plus all the
ads. Completely useless. Probably you only "searched" the 50 or so
most recent messages. Use the list's independent archives, linked at
the bottom of every message:
http://infoarchive.net/sgroup/biofuel/

It's a treasure house of information on all aspects of biofuels,
especially biodiesel - it contains 34,000 messages over the last
three years, many of them from leaders in the field worldwide. It's
provided and maintained by list member Martin Klingensmith, with
powerful, fast and efficient searching, and no ads. (Thankyou Martin!
Whatever would we do without you!)

There's also the archives of our other list, Biofuels-biz, which we
closed a few months ago but the archives is still available.
http://infoarchive.net/sgroup/biofuels-biz/

Hm. I think Yahoo's archives is a bit like the FuelMeister. LOL!
Trouble is it's not very funny, it's irresponsible. In both cases.

>What are the problems you have with the FuelMeister?

I don't have any such problems because I don't have a FuelMeister.
Yes I know that's not what you meant, but the archives will tell all,
and Todd just did that too. We have several processors of various
sizes that we built ourselves, the two smaller ones are featured at
our website, the 90-litre one isn't, yet:
http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_processor.html
Biodiesel processors: Journey to Forever

The 90-litre processor would be comparable to the FuelMeister, in
capacity if little else. It didn't take us "at least 150 hours" to
build, it cost us less than US$100, and it works really well. Chuck
said this in the previous exchange about this that he's apparently
pretending never happened (with my reply):

> >Might be able to track down all the parts and build a good
>prototype in 3 months. Then improve and improve, and improve. Should
>be rock solid in 6-12 months. That is about what the Fuel M took.
>Now on 4th generation. So while I don't like the price it does not
>suprise me.
>
> ... our processor set-up took nothing like as long as your three
>months to build, and cost about a 10th of your $1,000, and it was
>right first time - after a few thousand litres of great fuel there's
>nothing I want to change. It's not just a copy of other designs
>either, lots of things had to be thought out and there are new ideas
>in it. I'd certainly know better than to throw good money at that
>pile of junk. Rock-solid? What do you use for rocks in your part of
>the world, jelly?
>
>These are real processors, if you want ready-made:
>http://biofuelsystems.com
>
>And have a look at Mike Pelly's new Model A, available soon:
>http://www.OlympiaGreenFuels.com
>
>If you have a look back in the archives you'll see a post from Mark
>describing how she and a couple of others put together a fumeless
>processor from scratch in an hour and a half or something. The $150
>Fumeless Processor:
>http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_processor8.html

We've done a lot more than a few thousand litres in that processor
now and I'm still happy with it, no problems at all, no changes I
want to make. "4th generation", LOL!

>Can you
>elaborate on your friendâs story of putting in an extra couple thousand
>bucks and still having problems?

Not my friend, just something I know about. The heating arrangements,
as such, are inadequate, added insulaion doesn't help much, it still
doesn't get hot enough, some bits broke, they've changed a lot of the
valves and so on, changed a few things with the methoxide mixer, and
so on and on it seems, and there are several indications that they're
still not producing a top-quality product, which isn't very difficult
at all. They should dump that thing and start again, IMO.

Best

Keith