I too have requested a more detailed explanation for the information we learned at last year's Elsbett workshop in North Carolina.

I sent off this question :

" What is the main reason Elsbett suggests not using soybean oil as a fuel- Is it due to its high iodine number? Or is it just due to soybean oil's negative effect on lubrication oil?"

When I receive an answer I will post to the list.

Thanks,

Rachel Burton
Piedmont Biofuels
www.biofuels.coop