Starches are a type of sugar

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of robert luis
rabello
Sent: Saturday, June 04, 2005 9:50 AM
To: Biofuel@sustainablelists.org
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] Bug Power

Keith Addison wrote:

> At BIOCAP Canada's First National Conference in February 2005, a
> research team at the Wastewater Technology Centre and the University
of
> Waterloo in Ontario, Canada, presented a poster describing a prototype

> process for producing substantial amounts of hydrogen as well as
methane
> from potato waste [1].

        This is very interesting.  I've experimented with using bacteria
produce hydrogen in an anaerobic environment, and it works well if the
feed stock is sugar based.  I wasn't aware they were capable of
breaking down starches.  Bacteria are amazing little creatures!

robert luis rabello
"The Edge of Justice"
Adventure for Your Mind
http://www.authorhouse.com/BookStore/ItemDetail.aspx?bookid=9782>

Ranger Supercharger Project Page
http://www.members.shaw.ca/rabello/

Search the combined Biofuel and Biofuels-biz list archives (50,000
messages):