I've had a question about the two-stage, base-base method as well. My
second stage resulted in such a little amount of glycerin it didn't seem
worth the extra time or effort. Any comments? I suppose the removal of
this last
tablespoon of glycerin gets my BD to ASTM standards for free glycerin, but
it seems alot of work for a little result, when I'm only using the stuff
myself.

KF