From: Randy Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: sustainablelorgbiofuel@sustainablelists.org
Sent: Tue, 7 June, 2011 18:33:56
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] Emulsion fuels (diesel)

when I was repairing large diesel engines, a common problem to be fixed was
water in the fuel that damaged the injector tips.  Granted that was in the days
when diesel injectors were built very similar to a syringe where fluid filled a
cylinder and was injected by cam action and a plunger.  After replacing the
missing injector tip, we hoped that the unattached metal parts didnt bend a
valve, destroy a valve seat or wipe out the turbocharger when it exited the
engine.

but the high performance folks who take part in tractor and truck pulls use
water injection as a method of gaining more horsepower.  Water injected into
the
cylinder thru the air intake would flash into steam in the combustion chamber.
The rapid expansion of gasses would produce more work.