From: Appal Energy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, May 13, 2001 7:31 PM
To: biofuel@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [biofuel] What's the difference

Mike,

> So, it
> doesn't really make a difference which  veggy oil one uses.  The net
result
> will be, basically, the same.

Pretty much. Some are perhaps slightly better than others.

> Is there a direct correlation (linear) between energy content and
> performance?

Yup. It's the energy content, combined with compression, which defines the
energy output. Less energy initially will result in less output, due to less
explosive combustion.

> Please define 'coking potential' and ' cloud point' and another term I've
> come across is' lubricity'.  Are these technical details or are they
> significant enough to effect performance or tear and wear?

Coking potential in layman's terms is carbon buildup. Some fuels coke worse
than others.

Cloud point is the temperature where the fuel begins to "crystalize" or
"solidify." It literally turns cloudy and starts to cause problems with fuel
flow. Line freeze follows thereafter.

Lubricity is the lubricative quality of a fuel, measured in quantifiable
units.

Todd
Appal Energy
[EMAIL PROTECTED]