This would really be wasting an awfully lot of fuel tho. The amount of
electric produced and heat recaptured in pretty small for running that size
engine.  Even if you're burning free WVO, it's still a shame to waste it.
    The engine needs to be insulated so you don't lose any heat, and also so
there's no sound, else you get noise complaints. You also might as well get a
lot more power out of it with a 110 or 220 v generator, and probably also an
air compressor. You could also easily incorporate a welding generator, and make
it the heart of your workshop -- a "powerhouse". Could put a hydraulic pump on
as well and enjoy hyraulic presses for machine work, pressing out oilseed,
whatever.
    And, unless you live somewhere really out of the way, having a junk car
sitting around is problematic -- many places don't allow unlicensed vehicles,
or limit how many you can have.

--
Harmon Seaver, MLIS
CyberShamanix