On 7/6/06, sent1729 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>   Thanks for the suggestion.
>
> In my application (GIS and Mapping), I wanted to show the streets
> which are polylines, with borders. If I reverse the coordinates for
> all the polylines, then it will increase the file size. The
> suggestion that you gave seem to work, but I am looking for drawing
> borders to my polylines without increasing my file size.
>
> Thanks again for your input.
>
> Nathan.

I am glad it helps you a little.

If the file size if some thing of your  bottle neck then you may think of
using ZipProtocol. Where you can send a Zip instead of SVG. (You don't have
to use its SVG feature).

And also if you using its intranet version you can have the whole big map
cache one  at the time After the few clicks the you already have the whole
map cached.

One more idea.
You can always generate a path on the fly using javascript and the data from
the polyline at the client machine.

Hope this help.

--- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com <svg-developers%40yahoogroups.com>,
> "Phi Tran" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> > On 7/6/06, sent1729 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Yes,
> > >
> > > But the stoke does not add any border to the polyline. It just
> > > strokes the polyline with a specified color and a stroke width.
> > >
> > > Say for a polyline of Stroke "white" with stroke width "10", I
> would
> > > like to draw a "black" border of stroke width 2, around the white
> > > polyline.
> > >
> > > Nathan.
> > >

> > No It's not that way.
> >
> > Stroke-width is the thickness of the line. And When you
> use "polyline". Line
> > does not have "border" then you cannot make the border of
> a "line".
> >
> > There may be easier way to accomplish your task,
> > 1- Change the you polyline into a Path from point(0) to point (x).
> > 2- Add a reverse (M) from point(x) to point(0). Make sure at this
> reverse
> > phase you shift the coordination to the value of your with.
> >

> > Hope this help
> >
> > Phi.
> >
> > - House of ZipProtocol and SVG rendering Package.
> > HTTP://oneplusplus.com
> >
> > > --- In
> > > svg-developers@yahoogroups.com<svg-developers%40yahoogroups.com><svg-developers%
> 40yahoogroups.com>,

> > > element, incl. the <polyline />

> 40yahoogroups.com>,

> > > example,
> and
> > > border?

Phi - Tran
Hugely inrease your speed, saving your band-width with ZipProtocol
plus crystal clear SVG Rendering image at
HTTP://oneplusplus.com

http://us.click.yahoo.com/6pRQfA/fOaOAA/yQLSAA/1U_rlB/TM