Dear all,
I am really sorry I won't be able to attend, it looks like it will be a
lot of fun.
So, for the benefit of those not present, please make sure that you
record as much outcome of the various activities as possible,
preferrably in the wiki (of course ;-)).

Here are some additional comments:
On 31/5/2006 14:02, Max Völkel wrote:
> 3) Interactive Session
> ----------------------
> In  this  session we will have the most fun and get everybody to work.
> The goal is to create a "Semantic Wiki Meta-Model" (SWIMM).
> Each  Semantic  Wiki  has  a certain way of modeling data and metadata
> (aka  semantic  data,  annotations  or  just RDF). The mix of data and
> metadata differs between wikis. We found a number of Wiki-Models:
> - Pages are tagged
> - Pages have statements, where the page is always the subject
> - Pages are a container for an arbitrary chunk of RDF data
> - Parts of pages are annotated with RDF (the RDFa model)
> - The whole wiki has metadata attached
> - ...
>
> Se we can distinguish
> - granularity of annotated artefact
> - kind of metadata (tags, triples, ...)
> - restrictions (only about the page, only according to an ontology,
> - semantic language used (RDF, RDFS, OWL, ...)
> - ...
>
> We  have  to  find  a  common  picture/language/model  to describe the
> different  approaches,  in  order  to  make  progress  in our field of
> science.  Let's  call this model, that describes then all the 'SWIMM',
> Semantic Wiki Meta-Model.
>
> We  expect  every  workshop participant to actually work. Work will be
> performed  in  small  teams,  other  topics  are  possible and will be
> organized on-demand at the workshop.

I am glad you have take up the suggestion we (Max, Markus and myself)
discussed at WWW. So, in the same spirit, I'd like to propose some
refinations of this ideat:
Let us start building a page where the characteristics of the various
wiki models are listed, to be later filled in by each author of a
semantic wiki engine. The idea is that the various SWIMMs should be able
to provide precise answers (some, many, all) those questions.
Ideally, this list should be available even before the workshop, so
people can prepare to update it, and fill in their specific info either
before, at the workshop or after it...

Max's list is a nice starting point, to which I would add

- Is a page a resource? or, more generally (along the alternatives
outlined by Max above), what is the relation between a Wiki page and a
resource (in the RDF sense)?
- what is the versioning model?
- are "regular" links distinguished from "semantic" links? how?
- how is semantic information used for the interface (if at all)?
- is semantic information used in access control?
- ...

> 4) Self-tagging (optional)
> On  your  ESWC2006 name tag, please write in big, readable letters one
> or  two  keywords  on  which  you  would like to be asked about in the
> coffee  breaks.  It  really  works and makes contact with other people
> easier and more focused.

Hmmm, not a bad idea... how about "beer" or "sex" as tags?  :-P

Cheers,
D.