On 05/31/06/05/06 17:02 -0300, Daniel Schwabe wrote:
>> In  this  session we will have the most fun and get everybody to work.
>> The goal is to create a "Semantic Wiki Meta-Model" (SWIMM).
>> Each  Semantic  Wiki  has  a certain way of modeling data and metadata
>> (aka  semantic  data,  annotations  or  just RDF). The mix of data and
>> metadata differs between wikis. We found a number of Wiki-Models:
>> - Pages are tagged
>> - Pages have statements, where the page is always the subject
>> - Pages are a container for an arbitrary chunk of RDF data
>> - Parts of pages are annotated with RDF (the RDFa model)
>> - The whole wiki has metadata attached
>> - ...
>>
>> Se we can distinguish
>> - granularity of annotated artefact
>> - kind of metadata (tags, triples, ...)
>> - restrictions (only about the page, only according to an ontology,
>> - semantic language used (RDF, RDFS, OWL, ...)
>> - ...
>>
>> We  have  to  find  a  common  picture/language/model  to describe the
>> different  approaches,  in  order  to  make  progress  in our field of
>> science.  Let's  call this model, that describes then all the 'SWIMM',
>> Semantic Wiki Meta-Model.
>>
>> We  expect  every  workshop participant to actually work. Work will be
>> performed  in  small  teams,  other  topics  are  possible and will be
>> organized on-demand at the workshop.

>Max's list is a nice starting point, to which I would add
>- Is a page a resource? or, more generally (along the alternatives
>outlined by Max above), what is the relation between a Wiki page and a
>resource (in the RDF sense)?
>- what is the versioning model?
>- are "regular" links distinguished from "semantic" links? how?
>- how is semantic information used for the interface (if at all)?
>- is semantic information used in access control?
Please also see the paper [1] that I will present in the SemWiki workshop.
In sect. 2 we analyse various semantic wikis and their annotation
capabilities.

Being a bit crystallised already, I hope that it provides a good starting
point for this discussion. We should indeed extend it beyond the annotation
and the representation, e.g. versioning, UI, access control.

 -eyal
[1] http://www.eyaloren.org/pubs/semwiki2006.pdf.