With Cryptlib I get this same error 10091 (but instead of "Network
subsystem is unusable" I see some squares (some charset problem). I
debug into and problem is in function:

TSSLCryptLib.Connect

In line:
if not SSLCheck(cryptSetAttribute(FCryptSession, CRYPT_SESSINFO_ACTIVE, 1)) then
      Exit;

SSLCheck return False, because cryptSetAttribute return -22 (and in
SSLCheck is error check if Value<>0 then error). I can't debug further
because cryptSetAttribute is external function

I am using latest stable synapse 39 and cryptlib 3.2.2 from synapse serwer.
I tried with synapse snapshot but this same error, so I downloaded
cryptlib 3.4.1 and ssl_cryptlib.pas (from synapse) is incompatible
with cryptlib.pas (from crytplib). I can't compile it (Incompatible
types Char and AnsiChar in function cryptKeysetOpen. I have Delphi
2010 32bit.

Regards