> interesting how the user is able to login
>
> /var/log/auth.log
>
> Feb 22 12:50:07 localhost sshd[20367]: Accepted password for
> sftp1 from 127.0.0.1 port 51791 ssh2 Feb 22 12:50:07
> localhost sshd[20367]: pam_unix(sshd:session): session opened
> for user sftp1 by (uid=0) Feb 22 12:50:08 localhost
> sshd[20367]: pam_unix(sshd:session): session closed for user sftp1

The difference between your situation and mine is that we both get logged in
but you don't receive an answer for the ftp negotiation and I receive data
that can't be interpreted correctly. Probably a difference in server.
At the beginning of TSimpleSFTP.Init it says "//negotiate protocol version
(we support version 3 only!)      ". Although, when I connect with the sftp
command line (mingw), and type 'version' at the sftp prompt after logging
in, it says SFTP protocol version 3. So there is apparently something wrong
in the TSimpleSFTP implementation.

Ludo