In case you missed my setup - i'm cross compiling the code on linux with the
ppcross386 on cli
and not compiling it in lazarus and then running the exe with wine. I usually
convert the lfm form data
from Main.lfm into the Main.pas but will wait until this error is fixed so we
are all using same code.

On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 21:33:59 +0100
"Ludo Brands" <ludo.bra...@free.fr> wrote:

> > interesting how the user is able to login
> >
> > /var/log/auth.log
> >
> > Feb 22 12:50:07 localhost sshd[20367]: Accepted password for
> > sftp1 from 127.0.0.1 port 51791 ssh2 Feb 22 12:50:07
> > localhost sshd[20367]: pam_unix(sshd:session): session opened
> > for user sftp1 by (uid=0) Feb 22 12:50:08 localhost
> > sshd[20367]: pam_unix(sshd:session): session closed for user sftp1
> >

> The difference between your situation and mine is that we both get logged in
> but you don't receive an answer for the ftp negotiation and I receive data
> that can't be interpreted correctly. Probably a difference in server.

I'm running openssh 5.9p1 sshd with the following in the sshd_config

Subsystem       sftp    /usr/local/libexec/sftp-server

Match group sftp
        X11Forwarding no
        AllowTcpForwarding no
        ChrootDirectory /home/sftp/%u
        ForceCommand internal-sftp

%u in this case being sftp1

> At the beginning of TSimpleSFTP.Init it says "//negotiate protocol version
> (we support version 3 only!)      ". Although, when I connect with the sftp
> command line (mingw), and type 'version' at the sftp prompt after logging
> in, it says SFTP protocol version 3. So there is apparently something wrong
> in the TSimpleSFTP implementation.

I get the same