Chris, Anton, WG:

OK, if we just want to retain the <PRI> and hope that this will lead to
the messages go to the right bin and also hope that the syslogd won't be
broken, this might indeed be a solution. My understanding was that
backwards-compatibility was requested and that would be more than this

I'll do some checks hopefully tomorrow, but think this might be a
workable solution.

If we take that route, the charter should state our very limited
understanding of backwards-compatibility, else this could be another
source of a lot of discussion. This is also the reason I am stressing
this point so much (do not pretend to do things you don't do...).

Rainer