Chris:

This is fine, but does not include all the other specific details we agreed on
and as such is not different from what we had before. I think we can focus our
efforts better by creating narrower scope.  How about limiting backwards
compatibility to <PRI> only. Requiring standardization of better time stamp.
Support for FQDN, IPv6. MSGID. Internationalization (UTF-8). Etc... I am afraid
that if we leave the charter open-ended as before, we will be debating the
charter again 2 years from now.

Also, sorry if I missed some earlier discussions on signing messages. Proposed
charter mentions source authentication. For TCP mappings (such as BEEP), TLS
already provides authentication and encryption.  SSH transport would provide
similar facilities. Is there an overlap here? Is message signing targeted at
just UDP transport?

Thanks,
Anton.