> Also, sorry if I missed some earlier discussions on signing
> messages. Proposed charter mentions source authentication.
> For TCP mappings (such as BEEP), TLS already provides
> authentication and encryption.  SSH transport would provide
> similar facilities. Is there an overlap here? Is message
> signing targeted at just UDP transport?

Signing - as I understand syslog-sign - goes beyong that. You could also
say it serves a different purpose. -sign is about signature inside the
messages that you can use to verify the correctness not only in transit
but also years later in an offline copy. The details are not 100%
technically correct, but I think it conveys the overall idea.

Rainer