On 3/05/2015 2:50 PM, Ian Sergeant wrote:

I can't see any reason why this responsibility should be given to the mapper. The corresponding categories may be better held in a software ruleset, and the mapper just enumerate the amenities on the campsite that they are aware of.

Mappers take on many responsibilities.

If a mapper chooses to enumerate all the facilities that too is a responsibility. And then the responsibility of rendering the 'level of amenity' falls to the render.

Whatever way it is cut there is a 'responsiblity', and I'd rather see the 'rules' and have the mapper make the choice from local knowledge rather than pass it to some remote person who can only judge it from a yes/no answer.