Agree with Andrew that perhaps leave off boundary=protected_area for now,
until further clarification is received.

Looking at the DPC media releases, budget changes were announced
https://www.premier.vic.gov.au/delivering-certainty-timber-workers and
VicForests had a similar statement at the time
https://www.vicforests.com.au/publications-media/latest-news/vicforests-statement-regarding-native-timber-harvesting
and modified their Timber Release Plan to align to the cessation date.
However I can't find yet if any specific legislation has been passed to
alter the current state of the State Forest protections or boundaries on
Crown land.

I agree landuse=forest should be removed from the State Forest boundaries
in general, however will still be needed for "farm forests" plantation
timber on private land (landuse=forest, operator=VicForests,
produce=timber).

Always agree that vegetation mapping should be separate to administrative
boundary mapping :)