Julien Fastré wrote:
> Hi everybody!
>
> @Jo and @Tim: I am not sure about the license and I was asking myself if I
> could use it or not... Actually, it's a friend of mine, who is also mapper,
> who told me he obtains this file from the city of Liege a couple of years
> ago. He could use it for maps from pro-velo, I think. I am going to clarify
> that with him, I think he is advised about this question of license but he
> did not told me explicitly the data were open.

Well, depends on how he obtained that file. If it's an official document from
the city then you can basically do anything you want with it (just not sell
the document itself, but you can sell the information in it...)

Also, this information is public anyway, since the city counsel has to vote
for the traffic rules in each street, and so there are official documents for
each street which you can ask.

> @all: I don't like the tag cycleway=opposite too, for the same reason: it
> is confusing. But it is a lot more used than bicycle:oneway=no or
> oneway:bicycle=no. cycleway=opposite is used 17212 times, oneway:bicycle
> 673 and bicycle:oneway 1228. The question is: should we not change
> something because it is used many times? Or should we adopt tag habits we
> are consistent (FR: cohérent)?

In Belgium the numbers are quite different:

cycleway=opposite: 887

bicycle:oneway=*: 998
moped_A:oneway=no: 192

oneway:bicycle: 192

Does it matter if we have other rules than other countries? Of course not.
Most tags mean something different in different countries anyway, and access
tags are the prime example of that. (But there is no router that actually
makes a difference between two countries yet to interpret access tags)

But we have to come to some agreement within our country of course. As said,
cycleway=opposite has its drawbacks and with above numbers it's obvious which
one to take between bicycle:oneway and oneway:bicycle.

> May i, in my future screen, add both tags (cycleway=opposite +
> bicycle:oneway=no) ?

I know that a few people do this to accommodate the routers and renderers for
now. I never like these fixes since they remove the incentive for these
programs to support the other tag. But you tag as you want, it certainly
doesn't do much harm if you tag them both.

Greetings
Ben