In addition to the above, ITO will shortly be releasing a number of
additional views of the data together with a way of simply defining
additional views. The rending will be reasonably basic compared to Mapnik,
however the scripting will also be simple. We are going to start with some
'canned' scripts for power lines, railway lines 'track-count' (ie if it is
single track, dual-track or whatever), speed limits etc. What we can do
though it render from large datasets and help with views that can't be
achieved with overlays.

The main aim of the rendering will be to support data improvement rather
than as end-user services.

By shortly we mean in the next 1-2 weeks if all goes well. It will offer
world-wide coverage and use the OSM Mapper dataset (which is normally not
more than 48 hours behind current).

We will make a proper anouncment when we are ready with it.

Regards,

Peter Miller
ITO World Ltd