Graham,

Nice power map! Does it take account of the new, more powerful tagging
schema?
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:power%3Dgenerator

Also, you might like this:
http://tomchance.dev.openstreetmap.org/kml/power_uk.kml

You can pop it into Google Maps or Harry's KML viewer, though the dev server
is often totally overloaded so you might not be able to access it:
http://funmap.co.uk/cloudmade-examples/kml-displayer.php

Best wishes,
Tom