Government agreed to pay Ordnance Survey £20 million per annum for the OS
OpenData package, including Code-Point Open. The contract is here:
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/os_opendata_agreement_with_ordna_2#incoming-498165

I can't see any obvious reason why Royal Mail would oppose a similar
arrangement for NI postcodes, if NISRA wanted to support an open data
release. (Addresses are a different matter, of course.)

Owen

You would have to ask OS. As I understand it OS and RM were pressured into