Dealing with postcodes is done by Nominatim. Perhaps people might like to
consider contributing to the code base to make this possible (see for
instance <https://github.com/twain47/Nominatim/issues/541>).

The Irish community run their own Nominatim instance which:

a) is easier to maintain as the dataset is smaller
and b) is used to check broken polygon objects (through reporting those
which change in size considerably between updates).

Jerry