On 05/12/16 17:19, Colin Smale wrote:
This reminds me of "unsuitable for HGVs" which IIRC has been the subject
of debate in the past. One approach would be "hgv=unsuitable" meaning
"legally yes but not advised". That seems to be exactly what we need
here. Perhaps we could have "foot=unsuitable" for this path?

Unsuitable for heavy goods vehicles is actual signage on the ground, not a subjective judgement by the mapper; such signs really exist. Allowing mappers to map this other than based on signage would encourage NIMBYist marking of roads as such.