* Frederik Ramm <frede...@remote.org> [2010-04-20 09:44 +0200]:
> For the record, the proper way of aligning a boundary with a road (at
> least if the alignment runs for more than a few nodes) is NOT to have
> the boundary use the same nodes as the road, but instead to create a
> multipolygon which, on one side, uses the road itself as part of the
> "outer" ring. (This would also be a very clear expression, data model
> wise, of the fact that the boundary is defined by the road, instead of
> accidentally happening to coincide with the road.)

How common is it for people to do this?  I've seen the idea mentioned in
various discussions on the wiki (and I think it's the cleanest approach),
but it usually gets people arguing against it on the grounds that it makes
the boundary less visible and more vulnerable if, for example, someone
makes changes to the road without realizing it's part of the relation.

--- --
And remember, this fix is only temporary, unless it works.
                       -- Red Green