> Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 21:56:49 -0500
> From: toby.mur...@gmail.com
> To: stevea...@softworkers.com
> CC: talk-us@openstreetmap.org
> Subject: Re: [Talk-us] Excellent progress, u.s.
>
> I have noticed several people's remapping efforts in my live edit
> viewer. Over towards the east, I see long stretches of interstate
> around Columbia, SC have vanished from badmap.
I don't know who's doing that work in Columbia on the Interstates, but they are
doing it wrong unfortunately.  While the ways aren't "tainted" anymore, all of
the nodes are still.  Meaning that once the bot gets unleashed, the highways
will still get "fucked-up".  It seems that they are just starting a new way and
connecting each old node to the new way without at least moving the old node,
which means if Lar created the node and nobody has moved it since, it still
will get deleted and mess up the highway alignment. -- James