2009/4/30, Andy Allan <gravityst...@gmail.com>:

 > Every time it gets discussed, it becomes *less* clear how it's being
 > used to me. And I'm mightily concerned that the 10 people discussing
 > it on these lists might be in no way representative of the 14,990
 > people who are mapping paths and aren't in these discussions.

 If you read the proposal on the wiki, you should be able to get an
 idea of what highway=path was *meant* to be. (an thats not "a very
 narrow or rough way in the forest, worse than footway")

 Btw how clear is the current usage of highway=cycleway to you? It
 ranges from "officially designated cycleway", "way that is comfortably
  usable by bike" to "some way you *could* physically use with a
 bicycle (and wake up in hospital)". ;-)

 -Martin