2009/9/29 Claudius <claudiu...@gmx.de>

> Anyone (*blinking at Frankie*) knows how long it will takes after adding
> the osm machine tag untile the "View in OpenStreetMap" (btw. I think
> that link should be written without spaces) link appears straight below
> the picture? And how long about the feature information being extracted
> from OSM? I've added way-tags to several photos of mine but currently
> all it says in the right-hand info pane is "This is a feature in
> OpenStreetMap". E.g. http://www.flickr.com/photos/1tone/3074879156/

I think the way it works is that the request goes into Flickr's magic
queuing system (which apparently is now so complex that there's a queue to
add things to the queue). It probably gets given a fairly low priority too,
so it may take longer depending on how much other stuff is in the queue.

In my experience, it takes anything between a few seconds and a few hours.

BTW, "OpenStreetMap" seems to be how the project is spelled across the
site...?!?

--
Frankie Roberto
Experience Designer, Rattle