>> * displaying the address in a more address-like style, perhaps also
>> marked up with the hCard microformat.
>
> I'm not at all sure that we should start getting "clever" about how we
> display specific tags - to my mind we are about the data and we should
> be tag agnostic and just display the raw data and let the reader draw
> conclusions from it.
>
> Doing "clever stuff" with our data is primarily something for other
> people to do, not for us to do.

I think that was probably true until someone invented a section of the
site called "browse" rather than just throwing raw XML at you. Those
browse pages are actually a renderer, and not just raw data views --
they already interpret the name tag for instance.

Of course the real problem is not making it cleverer, but deciding
whose tag interpretation the cleverness should follow... for the
basics that's not going to be a problem, but for the more
complex/controversial/plain stupid ones it is.

The Potlatch 2 solution is make it configurable, but that probably
wouldn't work so well for the osm.org website itself.

Dave