2009/9/29 Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdre...@gmail.com>

> It works for building=yes, but not building=true. Well, Flickr says
> > "This is a feature in OpenStreetMap" instead of "$name is a building in
> > OpenStreetMap."
> >
> > Did I miss a vital clue where yes and true are not interchangable? I
> > thought yes was just a synonym for true, but I could be wrong. Is there
> > a guidance page on this difference?
>
> for building all values are "correct", as building=* (or <user
> defined>) is defined.
> (this doesn't mean that for other keys it would not be "correct" to
> use <user defined>-values of course).

Indeed.

As to yes/no vs true/false vs 1/0 though, I think there was a discussion
about this ages ago, and the conclusion seemed to be (from memory) that
yes/no was the preferred/most common approach.   (Guess renderers should
probably accept all three forms though).

--
Frankie Roberto
Experience Designer, Rattle