On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 9:58 PM, Gervase Markham <gerv-gm...@gerv.net> wrote:
> On 05/10/09 11:04, Dave Stubbs wrote:
>> As the person whose first came up with a no-names map for London
>> (well, actually it was a named map of London, turned into a nonames
>> map on SteveC's suggestion), I have an *official leadership
>> announcement* to make:
>>
>> There shall be no tagging of unnamed roads. It is not important. They
>> show up on the no-names map -- big deal -- its a mapping aid not a
>> holy grail of "there shall be no highlighted roads". Just deal with
>> it.
>
> So why did you make the noname map in the first place, if it's not
> important? Have you changed your mind about its usefulness?

As a mapping aid, to find large chunks of unnamed roads from traced
aerial imagery etc. Single roads were never really the intended
target, not for me anyway. I originally thought a noname like tag
would be useful and should be implemented, but I was convinced
otherwise by some very persuasive arguments and now think it's
completely not worth doing and not at all important.

Dave