> TIGER is fine if you don't have anything else.  But that's not the
> case where I live.  It's fine to fall back on if your actual address
> search fails.  But adding it in a way that encourages people to
> *update* the potential addresses with actual addresses defeats that
> possibility.

   Perhaps I'm missing something here, but if TIGER potential addresses are
added by Karlsruhe Schema, shouldn't people actually update the potential
addresses with actual addresses?  Mere mortals can do that quickly.   They
can even reposition over the approximate house line if  the houses are
visible from a Aerial photo.   And us nerds with GPS's, aerial imagery, and
editor tools will replace them with house number nodes in the exact
position.

  To address comments made by others - having something present prompts me
to update and doesn't remove motivation.   I'm the exact opposite of the
"TIGER kills crowdsourcing" point of view; I probably wouldn't have even
gotten interested if there were no TIGER roads present.