On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 8:45 AM, Mike N. <nice...@att.net> wrote:
>> For pretty much all of Florida there is parcel-by-parcel address
>> information available from the county.  If you want to import address
>> information, that would be much more accurate than TIGER.
>
>  For that case, clearly the county information is vastly preferred over
> TIGER.

Hence my request: please don't import TIGER addresses using the
Karlsruhe Schema in locations where there is better data already
available.

In particular, please don't import this stuff into Hillsborough
County, Florida.  Not unless you're going to use a schema which can
co-exist with actual addressing.

> I'm curious about the history of how most of this information is
> freely available in FL - my county GIS has a public mapping application web
> page, but they sell data only on DVDs for $$$ with full restrictions on data
> usage.

I believe the state passed a law but I really haven't bothered to
investigate.  You're not in Florida, right?