In editing OSM, I have mainly been working with Merkaartor of late, which
has good support for WMS - in switching over and looking at JOSM again, I
was working with the WMS plugin and one thing I note there is that it does
not appear to have functionality for querying a server's capabilities
(getCapabilities request) and then presenting the user with a list of
supported layers, SRS and so on - that functionality would go quite far
toward simplifying and facilitating connecting to WMS services for users, as
opposed to having to manually construct URL strings and try to guess at what
is going wrong when trying to access new services.    Is anyone currently
working on that functionality?  If so, how can others contribute to the
effort?

Thanks,

Dave Smith

 <http://www.synergist-tech.com/> Synergist Technology Group, Inc.

A Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business

David G. Smith PE PLS
VP/Director of Geospatial Information Technology

Synergist Technology Group, Inc.

<http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Pyt=Tmap&addr=200A+Main+Street&csz=Peckvil
le%2C+PA+18452-2406&country=us> 200A Main Street
Peckville, PA 18452-2406

 <mailto:dsm...@synergist-tech.com> dsm...@synergist-tech.com

mobile:

(570) 280-6763